Staples Business Advantage Canada is excited to announce that we have been awarded the 2014 Eterne Award by Tree Canada.
This award acknowledges enthusiasm for the Tree Canada cause and significant in-kind support in marketing and brand recognition.
Through our partnership with Tree Canada since 2008, Staples Business Advantage Canada has:
Half of the $5 charge is then donated to Tree Canada to offset the environmental impact of fulfilling a small order. For over twenty years, Tree Canada has engaged communities, governments, corporations, and individuals in the pursuit of a greener and healthier living environment for Canadians.
Planting trees beautifies and rejuvenates backyards, city streets, and parks. It nurtures Canada’s heritage of biodiversity and multifaceted landscape. Not only that – it cleans the air. Canadians can breathe easier knowing that every tree planted helps to combat climate change, absorbing carbon dioxide emissions and producing oxygen.
Other Environmental Awards and Achievements
- 2016 COPA (Canadian Office Products Association) Marketing Campaign Award of Excellence
- 2014 Winner of the Eterne Award from Tree Canada for superior financial support, enthusiasm for the Tree Canada cause and significant in-kind support in marketing and brand recognition
- 2013 Winner of the Quebec ICI ON RECYCLE Award
- 2013 Winner of The YMCA Award for Outstanding Community Leadership in Volunteerism
- 2013 Winner of The Green Living Excellence in Corporate Responsibility (ECR) Award
- 2013 Winner of COPA Community Leadership Award of Excellence (4th consecutive year)
- 2011 ENERGY STAR® Retail Partner of the Year award.
- Ranked #20 in Newsweek's "Top 500 Green Companies" - Ranked #2 within the retail industry
- Winner (2011) of HP's "Change the Equation" Sustainability Award
- EPA Green Power Partner recognition: ranked No. 4 among all retailers, No. 6 among Fortune 500 companies and No. 8
nationwide. (March 2011)
- At the beginning of 2010, Staples ranked #5 among retailers, #16 among Fortune 500 companies and #28 among all companies nationwide for using green power by EPA Green Power Partnership program.
- Ranked No. 23 overall and No. 2 among retailers in the NEWSWEEK Green Rankings for 2010, which ranks the environmental efforts of the largest 500 companies in the United States (http://www.newsweek.com/2010/10/18/green-rankings-us-companies.html)
- Corporate Responsibility Officer magazine (CRO) Top 100 companies in 2010, ranked #60. The CRO list ranks the corporate responsibility efforts of large-cap companies from the Russell 1000 index.
- Awarded ISO 14001 Environmental Certification in March 2009, joining Staples' other certified business sites in France Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands, Sweden, and the UK.